Why choose mediation?
Mediation is an effective and efficient process to resolve your family law matters. Litigation can be expensive and lengthy, and the outcome is not always predictable.
Mediation offers the following benefits:
- Less time- Mediation can occur in a shorter period of time than litigation. Parties can even mediate prior to filing a lawsuit.
- Less money – Since parties can get into mediation in a shorter period of time than the time it would take to get to a judge, a successful mediation can be more cost efficient than litigation.
- Case control- With mediation, the parties have the ability to shape the outcome of their case and tailor an agreement to what works for them.
- More cordial process- With mediation, the parties are able to come together to resolve the case in a more amicable fashion than litigating in court.
- Confidentiality- With limited exception, communications during mediation are confidential and not shared with the public.
A mediator does not act as an attorney or a judge in the proceedings.
While she is a trained and experienced attorney, Attorney Hall, in her role as your Orlando Mediation Lawyer will act as a neutral party and will guide you in finding creative solutions to your family law problems.
What cases can be resolved with Mediation?
Almost all family law matters can be resolved through mediation. Parties who successfully resolve their cases through mediation are more satisfied with their case outcome and agreement. Furthermore, most counties mandate that the parties attend mediation prior to setting a family law case for a hearing or trial. Some cases which are regularly mediated are as follows:
- Child Support
- Child Custody
- Paternity cases
- Parenting Plans
- Time Sharing
In mediation, if parties are not able to reach a full agreement on all issues, even partial agreements can be beneficial in narrowing the issues to be brought before the court, thereby saving time and money.
Attorney Hall is an experienced Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator.
Contact us today for your mediation needs.